The following is a continually updated list of third-party software tested to be incompatible with WPtouch Pro. While we do our best to keep this list current, be aware that software constantly changes. This list is updated based on our development team’s verification of community-submitted information.
We only report on software in current active development.
Caching & Page Speed Plugins
Image & Gallery Plugins
These types of plugins may usually be disabled using the Compatibility tool located in the WPtouch Pro admin area at: Core Settings > Compatibility > WordPress Plugins or through a WPtouch Pro child theme by following instructions in Deactivating Plugins in Your Mobile Theme.
- Lazy Load
The Lazy Load plugin is dependent upon the $this variable and cannot be deactivated in the mobile theme. Deactivate the Lazy Load plugin in WordPress and install/activate the BJ Lazy Load plugin. Go to Settings > Site Compatibility > Active Plugins in WPtouch Pro and disable the BJ Lazy Load plugin to resolve the issue.
- Lightbox 2
- Sugar Slider - Plugin causes WPtouch Pro themes' menu to not work. When clicking the menu button, the button does not respond.
Social / Sharing Plugins
Compatibility may be gained by enabling “Hide menu from mobile browsers?” in Shareaholic options.
- Slick social share
Plugin elements may be hidden with custom CSS.
- WP Socializer
- Simple Social Icons
This plugin will need to be deactivated in WordPress to prevent any conflicts it causes.
To disable the Relevanssi plugin in WPtouch Pro, first create and activate a copy of your WPtouch Pro theme. Then, add the code below to /wp-content/wptouch-data/themes/_your_copied_theme_/default/functions.php
remove_filter('posts_request', 'relevanssi_prevent_default_request', 10, 2 );
True desktop theme incompatibility is rare. The following themes have proven not to work well with WPtouch Pro:
- Architectos (advanced functions only)
- Headway (advanced functions only)
- Themes using WPBakery’s Visual Composer (advanced functions only)
- Clear Theme
- Divi Theme (uses custom page builder)
- GeneratePress (and/or its accompanying plugin) - May cause a 500 server error in WPtouch Pro's Customizer
- Mobile Device Redirection
- Referrer Detector
- WassUp Real Time Analytics
- WordPress Prevent Copy/Paste
- Simple Facebook Connect (not in active development)
- Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget
- Insert or Embed Adobe Captivate Content into WordPress
- Auto Excerpt everywhere
- Remove WPMU Dashboard Install Nag
- Speed Booster Pack
For the Speed Booster Pack plugin, disable “Removes extra Font Awesome styles” in the Speed Booster Pack plugin’s settings.
- Google authorship for multiple authors
- External Database Authentication Reloaded
- Bogo (plugin link) - May cause posts marked as Draft and Trash to appear in the WPtouch Pro blog post listing
- WordPress SEO - Disable "Remove the ?replytocom variables." in its Permalinks settings to prevent a conflict with the nested comments in WPtouch Pro
- Remove redundant links - This plugin conflicts with the menu in some WPtouch Pro themes. You can deactivate it in WPtouch Pro by adding:
remove_action( 'template_redirect', 'rrl_start', 50 );
to the functions.php file of a WPtouch Pro copied theme.
- Mega Menu - This plugin conflicts with the menu settings in WPtoucH Pro. It will need to be disabled in WordPress while configuring custom menu icons in WPtouch Pro.
- JS & CSS Script Optimizer - Combines .js files and .css files. WPtouch Pro combines its own files into one file (with a random name), which is generated each time the WPtouch Pro settings are saved. To resolve the conflict with this plugin, it will need to be disabled in the Plugins page in WordPress.
- CloudFlare - May cause menu icons to return a 404 not found error. Deactivate CloudFlare while assigning custom icons and re-activate it when finished.
- CloudFlare may also cause issues with the AMP plugin causing /amp URLs to be rejected. To resolve the issue, disable "HTTPS Protocol Rewriting".
- Async JS and CSS - This plugin conflicts with the Featured Slider and other parts of WPtouch Pro themes. You can deactivate it in WPtouch Pro by adding:
to the functions.php file of a WPtouch Pro copied theme.
Wordfence may prevent WPtouch Pro from properly updating. You may temporarily disable Wordfence and enable it immediately after applying the WPtouch Pro update.
- Dudamobile - Will cause WPtouch Pro to not display correctly, if Duda has not been completely disabled. Disable the plugin, and remove any domain changes that were required for its installation. Contact Duda's support for specific instructions.
- Dragndropbuilder - Will cause WPtouch Pro to not display correctly, if Dragndropbuilder (Weebly) has not been completely disabled. Contact their support for specific instructions on removing it completely.
- CFS Options Screens - Hides the WPtouch Pro sidebar link in the WordPress admin panel
- Advanced Excerpt - Causes single posts to only show the excerpt when WPtouch's Featured Slider is enabled.
- WP Defer Loading - Causes WPtouch menu to not open when menu button tapped/clicked
- Gantry 4 Framework - Causes the Customizer to return a 500 server error when active.
- Flickr set slideshows - Prevents settings from being saved in WPtouch Pro 4.x
- WooCommerce Product Archive Customizer - Prevents product images in product listings from being displayed in MobileStore.
- WP-HTML-Compression - Prevents the mobile theme preview in the Customizer from displaying properly.
- Extra Sidebar Widgets - This JetPack module prevents WPtouch Pro preview in the Customizer from displaying properly. Deactivate the module in JetPack's setting to resolve the issue. It can be re-activated once you are finished working in WPtouch Pro's Customizer.
- Yoast SEO - Conflicts with the AMP extension if the option to redirect ugly URLs to clean permalinks is enabled. It can be resolved by toggle the setting to "No redirect" in Advanced > Permalinks in the Yoast SEO admin panel.
- Photon - This JetPack module overrides the thumbnail size used in WPtouch Pro. The module may be deactivated in JetPack's settings to resolve the issue.
- EU Cookie Law plugins - May cause WPtouch Pro menu buttons to not work.
- Snitch - Will prevent WPtouch Pro's license from activating. Deactivate the Snitch plugin briefly while applying the WPtouch Pro license to your installation.
- WooCommerce Extra Product Options - Incorrect subtotal shown in the right cart menu when enabled. To resolve the issue, disable "AJAX add to cart" in Customize > Cart Options.
- Cloudflare's Mirage feature - May cause product thumbnails to not display. Disable it in your Cloudflare control panel to resolve.
- Karma Builder Plugin - Causes WPtouch Pro menu to not display menu items.
- JetPack's Mobile Theme module - Interferes with the WPtouch Pro menu and lists all available Pages. Deactivate the Mobile Theme (not needed when running WPtouch) module in JetPack's settings to resolve the issue.
- Nextgen Gallery - Causes display issues in WPtouch Pro menus.
- Post Tags and Categories for Pages - Causes post listings to not display in category pages
- Storefront Powerpack - Causes blank pages in the WPtouch Pro MobileStore theme.
- Ocean Extra - Causes blank/white page in the mobile theme.
- Astra Pro plugin - Causes issues with WPtouch Pro's AMP add-on