You may add support for mobile devices that are not included in WPtouch Pro's list of Default Mobile Device User Agents by adding the device's user agent.
Locate a Specific User Agent String
To find the specific user agent for a device, from that device navigate to http://detectmobilebrowsers.com. The site will return the user agent string for the device used to view its url.
Add User Agents to WPtouch Pro
- Navigate to Core Settings > Compatibility > Custom User-Agents (or Settings > Devices > Additional User Agents in WPtouch 4).
- Enter the partial strings for additional mobile user agents in the "Custom User-Agents" area. User agent strings are long combinations of identifying information about a device. WPtouch Pro needs only a portion of the string to be able to recognize the device and serve your mobile theme when it is encountered. As such, enter only a single unique portion of the desired full user agent string into the WPtouch Pro "Custom User-Agents" area. For example, if the user agent string is:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53then enter
- Add the user agent to the field and click the "+" symbol (WPtouch Pro 4).
- Do not enter the entire string.
- Enter one custom mobile user agent per line.
- Make sure there are no blank spaces between each user agent or after the last user agent on your list.
- Do not enter device names or other information.
Full functionality is not guaranteed on mobile devices not officially supported by WPtouch Pro.