Adding device support with custom user agents
You may add support for mobile devices that are not included in WPtouch Pro's list of WPtouch user agent list by adding the device's user agent. If you do not see your mobile theme on a device/browser you believe should display it, go to http://demo.wptouch.com/ and access the live demo site of the theme you are using. This will reveal if the issue is device/browser or site-specific. If you do not see the mobile theme on your device/browser, follow the instructions below to add support for the device/browser.
Locate a Specific User Agent String
To find the specific user agent for a device, from that device navigate to http://detectmobilebrowsers.com. The site will return the user agent string for the device used to view its url.
Add User Agents to WPtouch Pro
- Navigate to Settings > Devices > Additional User Agents.
- Enter the partial strings for additional mobile user agents in the "User agents to add" field. User agent strings are long combinations of identifying information about a device. WPtouch Pro needs only a portion of the string to be able to recognize the device and serve your mobile theme when it is encountered. As such, enter only a single unique portion of the desired full user agent string into the WPtouch Pro "User agents to add" area. For example, if the user agent string is:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53then enter
- Add the user agent to the field and click the "+" symbol.
- Do not enter the entire string.
- Enter one custom mobile user agent per line.
- Make sure there are no blank spaces between each user agent or after the last user agent on your list.
- Do not enter device names or other information.
Full functionality is not guaranteed on mobile devices not officially supported by WPtouch Pro.