When migrating a website from one server to another (often done when moving from a development environment to a live environment), it is recommended to follow this sequence to migrate your installation of WPtouch Pro:
- Backup the settings from the source server to a safe place.
- Install a fresh copy of WPtouch Pro on the target server.
- Import the WPtouch Pro Settings into the new installation of WPtouch Pro.
Remove the development domain from your license..
Activate the new installation..
- If a child theme was created and customized, upload it to the live server to:
- /wp-content/wptouch-data/themes for a single installation and
- /wp-content/wptouch-data/YOUR_SUBSITE_ID/themes/ if you have a WordPress network installation.
A fresh installation is recommended (rather than copying directories from one server to another) to bypass any issues with server permissions and incomplete copies.